23 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

Panera Bread Introduces Low-Calorie "Hidden Menu"

To contact us Click
We have a Panera Bread outlet near our house, but I haven't been there lately. In the past, when I've checked out their menu, the calorie counts of their menu items have been high enough that I've usually decided to eat elsewhere or make my soup or sandwich at home.

Now, I find out that (maybe I'm late to the party) that Panera has added a new "Hidden Menu" that they test-marketed in NYC and have now spread to all their USA locations (sorry, not yet for Canada). This menu contains six different dishes: 2 "breakfast" items and 4 "salads" that are low carb, and are low calorie, too (which is what captures my interest).

It's a Hidden Menu, so it's not posted in the restaurants, but supposedly, if you tell the counter person that you're ordering a "Hidden Menu" dish, they're supposed to know what you're talking about.

The two breakfast items, Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak (230 calories, 20g protein) and Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey (190 calories, 25g protein) look promising -- you know, I'm a fool for things with more than 1g of protein for every 10 calories.

And the salads, Power Chicken Hummus Bowl (330 calories, 33g protein), Power Steak Lettuce Wraps (280 calories, 28g protein), Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad (360 calories, 35g protein), and Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad (320 calories, 22g protein) look good, too. Even the sodium's pretty reasonable for those who are watching their salt levels (both of the Steak bowls are 310mg of Sodium). I'm love hummus, so that first item on the Panera list is probably what I'll check out first.

The photos and nutrition info are here, if you want to check them out.

I almost applied my "Fantastic" tag, but I need to taste them first (and see if the real thing measures up to the beautiful website photos -- you know how that goes). Stay tuned for an upcoming post with my "real-life" pictures and the important thing -- what do they taste like.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder