18 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

Happy First Anniversary!

To contact us Click HERE


One year ago, I weighed 303.6 lbs. Today I weighed in at 157. Pretty amazing, huh? I didn't quite cut myself in half, but I did lose 48% of my body weight, which turned out to be plenty for me. My wife, as you can see did pretty amazingly, too!
  • I went from a 48+" waist size to 30". When I started, I couldn't buy most pants at Costco because they didn't carry sizes big enough for me. Now, I can't buy most pants at Costco because they don't carry sizes small enough for me.
  • I went from a size XXL or even sometimes XXXL (and in Villebrequin swimsuits, a scary 6XL -- they've got a crazy size system) to wearing S (and even that's sometimes too big).
  • I went from not being able to run at all (50 yards would have had me bright red and sweating like a pig) to now being able to routinely run 10K a couple of times a week. I've run a maximum of 11.2 miles in one stretch, and I can run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes.
  • I went from not being able to do a single good pushup to being able to do 200, albeit in sets of 10. My maximum continuous pushups is probably around 40.
  • I went from having to buy business class seats (which were sometimes snug on some Asian carriers) or an extra seat on airplanes to being able to comfortably fit in coach. On the other hand, my butt is bony now, so the seats are still kinda uncomfortable, but at least I don't have to pay any extra money to fly.
  • I've been "maintaining" my weight below where my doctor told me I was finished losing for 135 days. I've actually dropped about another 20 lbs over that period, but I'm happy at my current weight and size and have been locked in for a month now.
  • My cholesterol, which was already only 132 before I started, is now under 100. All my other vital stats look great.
  • My lifestyle is dialed in now. Healthy living is routine for me, not an aberration. I expect that I will continue to food diary forever (I have a friend who's been doing it for over five years now), but that's OK with me -- it's worth it.
The only downsides:
  • I've gone from being a hot guy who sweats all the time to being a cold guy -- my heating bill is much higher this winter (but my AC bill will be lower next summer, so maybe that will even out).
  • I have to remember not to run up and exuberantly greet old friends who I haven't seen in a while because they don't recognize me and tend to freak out at a "stranger" who greets them that way.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder