11 Şubat 2013 Pazartesi

"Yo-yo" dieting shouldn't be an excuse anymore...

To contact us Click HERE
I'd heard for a long time that "yo-yo" dieting would leave you heavier and less fit than before and I myself have used it as an excuse for not trying to lose weight. Well, it looks like scientific evidence now says that's a myth.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018926404_yoyodieting16m.html

And my personal experience would tend to support that. I was talking to my wife and recounting my diet history, only to realize that I've had multiple big diets.

Age 17 - Lost about 40 pounds before going off to college.
Age 21 - Lost about 40 pounds before going off to grad school.
Age 31 - Lost about 40 pounds before moving to California.
Age 36 - Lost about 50 pounds to lower blood pressure.
Now (Age 49/50) - Lost 109+ pounds (so far) to improve health and longevity

Losing weight this time hasn't been any harder than the previous times. In fact, while not easy, mentally it might be easiest as I have the strongest motivation to do so. And I've lost weight about the same way as always, so it hasn't been significantly more difficult now that I'm older.

It's never too late to start...  :)

Weight: 194.0

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder